Knowing Who is Toxic in Your Life
It can be hard to spot who is toxic in your life. The truth is though that sometimes we allow people to stay in our lives longer than they should. Not all friendships and relationships continue as they started. People change and sometimes for the worse. Just because you have known someone for a long time doesn’t mean they have a right to treat you like shit or make you feel miserable. You might not realize how much power you have when it comes to controlling your happiness. Start by evaluating the people in your life and really take the time to see who adds value and who might need to be cut from your life.
5 Signs to Notice
- They don’t make you happy. If there is someone in your life who doesn’t make you happy then you need to ask yourself why they are still in your life. Someone who constantly brings negativity, drama or sadness to your days is someone you need to cut out from your life. I know this could be a family member, a friend, or even a significant other but the reality is that you deserve to be happy regardless of that person’s title in your life. Take control of your happiness, it is YOURS after all.
- They don’t believe in you or support your goals. This is something that can be hard to spot and come to terms with. We automatically think that all of our friends and loved ones are going to believe in us and support everything we do but this is not the case. If there is something in your life that you’re passionate about and there is someone in your life who doesn’t appreciate that passion, then they don’t deserve to experience your success and achievements with you. Surround yourself with people who support you and want the best for you and SHOW it.
- They don’t make time for you. Life is busy and we all have our own things going on but making time for those that are important to us is crucial for any and all relationships and friendships to survive. We all pick and choose how we spend our time and who we make an effort to stay in touch with not only matters but shows. One-sided relationships don’t last very long. If there is someone who you make an effort to talk or see and they do not reciporate your efforts, then it might be time to stop trying so much. We all have our phones nearby and a simple call or text is really not that hard. If someone blows you off multiple times then maybe it’s time to stop giving your time to them and give it to someone you does make time for you. Did someone come to mind when you read this? Then you know what you need to do.
- They act like they are better than you. A friend shouldn’t make you feel bad about yourself. If you don’t possess the things they posses and they make you feel lesser because of that then you need to serioulsy consider how much time you spend with this person. Why spend your time with someone you constantly throws everything they have in your face? How in the hell can that even be fun? Someone you talks down to you falls into this same cateogory. You don’t need that shit and I promise you that you will feel better after you do something about it. No one has the right to make you feel shitty about yourself. People who think they are always right, always “know’s whats best” or feel entitled to tell you about YOUR life are people you should really cut out from your life. There are enough pressures form society about what you should have and look like. You don’t need additional stressors coming from your inner circle.
- They are constantly negative. There will be days where your friend or loved one will call you to bitch about their bad day and thats perfectly okay. We all have bad days. There are people who have bad days then people who act like they have a bad life. Every single day they are negative and every single day there is something wrong. People who are fueld by negativity and constantly bring it around you will start to have a negative impact on your life even if you dont’ notice it right away. Constant negativity and complaining it hard to endure. who wants to constatnly be surrounded by someone who can’t find happiness and simple joy? Again, life is too short. Not only is life too short but who we keep around us impacts our personalities, lives, and ways of thinking. You should try to surround yourself with like-minded people. People who are constantly negative will drag you down with them. Take notice and do something about it now. You will be thankful once that negativity is removed and notice how much weight is lifted.
Can you Relate?
Did any of these hit home with you? Maybe someone or multiple people popped into your head as you read through this? Let us know if you have experienced this before and what finally happened for you to accept that you needed to cut someone out of your life? Never forget that your life and your happiness matters. Surround yourself with people you make you happy, make you a better person, and make you feel loved. At minimum, we all deserve those things!
Thank you for reading!