Easy can be Satisfying
Avocado and potatoes are probably two of my favorite things on this planet. They are versatile, can be eaten any time of the day and really won’t break the break. Avocados can be pricey but so can be getting my nails done every two weeks but these are two things I deem necessary in my life so judge me all you want. I give zero fucks if someone doesn’t agree with my need for avocados and manicured digits. If you can relate, virtual high-five! Ok, moving on. I wanted to share this simple recipe because it is great for when you don’t really want to cook, need some good fuel for your body, and want it quickly with easy cleanup. This is a twist on avocado toast. One morning I was pulling out ingredients and thought about putting my avocado on top of a baked hash brown instead of a piece of toast, the result, unbelieve chemistry between a potato & a fruit.
Avocado Hashbrown Patties
• Half of an avocado
• Hash brown patties of your choice. I personally love the ones from Trader Joe’s
• Fruit of your choice
• Morningstar maple breakfast patties or a meat of your choice
• Pepper, salt, (I like to use a garlic salt & parsley grinder mix)
• Balsamic Vinegar or your favorite hot sauce
• Preheat oven and grease baking sheet with coconut oil or non-stick spray
• Season hash browns on both sides with pepper, salt, and garlic.
• Bake hash browns and breakfast meat according to package bake times. I personally let my hash browns cook just about 8 minutes longer so they get that nice crispy crunch (crispier hash brown holds avocado better)
• Prepare your plate with your side of fresh cleaned fruit
• I drizzle some of my favorite balsamic vinegar or flavored olive oil on top of the hashbrowns. In addition, hot sauce is great if you prefer something spicy
• Top the hash brown with avocado.
• Your meat doesn’t need much but to be added to the plate and then you are DONE and ready to eat!
I hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious and satisfying meal!