Sweet Looking Skin
Taking care of my face is something that I do Every.Single.Day. It is part of my daily morning and evening routine, and there is absolutely no exception to this. I love my face, but it likes to cause me heartache. I always have a remedy available for when a pimple decides to pop up and attempts to ruin my fucking day. I don’t have any time for that shit. Being proactive with my skin is something that works for me, so I make sure to rotate this face mask into my routine. I have tried some of the craziest concoctions, and this one is one of my top favorites. You can use this mask for 3-4 days straight during a time of skincare crisis. But, I’m also a fan of using it even if my skin is behaving itself. Breakout or not, its a sweet treat for your skin.
It’s Simple yet Powerful and Effective
Agave nectar and turmeric are the only ingredients that you will need for this mask. I use agave nectar instead of using honey for many reasons but mainly because its vegan. Honey will work if that’s what you have on hand. Agave nectar comes from inside the blue agave plant compared to the honey that comes from bees (SAVE THE BEES). You can find agave nectar in the grocery store usually where you would find honey and peanut butter. There’s a slew of options out there, and prices range anywhere from $3.99 and up. I’m somewhat of a cheapass, so I go with one that is about $6.00 or a higher grade if there’s a good sale. I don’t really consume agave nectar, so I don’t get too crazy about the details of it. You ready?
- Agave Nectar
- Cup & spoon to mix with
- A makeup free freshly cleaned face
- Squeeze some nectar into a cup. A little goes a long way so you don’t need much
- A teaspoon of turmeric
- Mix together
- Apply to entire face or spot treat on specific areas
- Tie your hair back unless you’re looking to do a hair mask too. It can get sticky so just keep your hair up and out of the way
- Agave does not “melt” as honey does, but it can still drip so just be cautious of that. Wear a shirt that cannot afford a potential stain.
- The turmeric will not stain your skin, but it can stain your clothes. Just wear a shirt that you don’t give a shit about. A “house shirt” will do.
- Be prepared to give your skin a quick little wipe down after rinsing. Yellow in your sink is inevitable but it washes out.
- It’s not a very pretty color, and it might look like you have shit on your face, so don’t do this if you’re expecting any judgmental company to show up. Then again, who cares what anyone thinks. Rock this shit colored facemask like a BOSS! My husband calls this mask my “war paint” and he’s right. I am at war…with pimples!!
Wait & Rinse Off
You can leave this on for anywhere for 15 minutes to an hour.I have really light skin so the longer I leave it on, the higher the chance that there might be a light yellow tone to my skin when I rinse. It never stains my skin though. I usually wipe it off with a makeup towelette first and then rinse with face wash. There’s no trace of turmeric after I’m done washing my face. All that’s visible is glowing and relaxed skin!
Try this mask out and go watch Netflix, read BestieTalks, or hang out with your cat. Whatever you do just make time for your skin. Now you have a mask that is easy, affordable and will provide real results!
What is your favorite DIY facemask? Don’t be greedy! Share the wealth!