We would all love to save some money right?! We love getting the best price possible on just about anything and everything we buy. Whether that includes clipping coupons or browsing other online sites, we are always looking for the best deals. Here are a few ways that we save money year around…
Money Saving Tips
- Ebates: Download the Ebates app on your phone and add the attachment to the computer you use the most to do your shopping. Ebates gives you money back on the thing you are already purchasing. It is as simple as searching for the store through the app, seeing the percentage you will receive back and completing your purchase through there. Done! Ebates will notify you that they received your purchase and how much you will get back. You can even link your credit or debit cards so that you can receive cash back for in-store purchases. If you ever have a problem with a transaction and you didn’t receive your money back or forgot to press the Ebates button, Ebates has a great customer service department and they get back to you ASAP. They have always honored my proof of purchases. They have all u https://go.ebat.es/8xk0iuZcTN Here is a link you can use to get $25 after signing up and spending $25.
- Honey: Honey is an attachment that you add to your browser that alerts you about coupons that site has.
When you are about to make your purchase, Honey pops up saying they have coupons that can possibly make your price lower. It scans through all the coupons people have tried and gives you the coupon that gives you the most amount off. Sometimes you may already have the best price but it will let you know that as well. Honey also allows you to price watch. It will alert you when an item that you were watching goes up or down in price. Super cool! You can also visit their website anytime to see what coupons and stores are trending.
- Ibotta: This is an app that requires you to scan your coupon to show proof of purchase. Each store has an amount of an item that you can receive cash back for. The amount varies with product and store. Once your receipt is verified, the amount will be added to your Ibotta account. So, if you’re the type that keeps all your receipts, this app may be for you.
- Khol’s: Khol’s is like the nowadays Mervyn’s. They have great name brands with awesome prices and daily coupons. Kohl’s sales everything from clothing for everyone in your family, household items for all areas of your home, stunning jewelry, and even furniture. I never buy anything at full price at Kohl’s and if I ever need to I use my Kohls cash that accumulates from regular purchases.
- Hobby Lobby: Never pay for anything their full price! Even the staff will tell you if you find something that is not on sale, wait two or three days and the sale will rotate to that item. But if you absolutely NEED that item, go online and pull up their 40% off one item coupon. It is ALWAYS available and works on any full price item in the store.
- Michael’s: Michael’s will price match their competitor’s coupon! That’s right! Bring in the competitors add (such as JoAnn’s), grab the item you’ve been eyeing and bring it up to the cashier with the competitor’s ad showing that item at a better price. Sometimes the cashier doesn’t know about this and will call the manager but no worries, the manager will work their magic to get you the deal you came in for. Also, if you work at a school, show them your badge or something that shows your school affiliation and get a discount on your purchase!
- Bed Bath & Beyond: I can spend hours at this store finding new items I didn’t know that I needed. Well, did you know if you sign up with them in the store or online, you will receive (what seems like bi-weekly) coupons for either $10 off or 20% off?! And to make it better THESE COUPONS NEVER EXPIRE!!! the only catch is that you must present them at the store and not online. I literally have a drawer filled with these coupons and they honor them (to the max possible) every time I go in. It’s coupon heaven!
Find Deals Everywhere!
- Coupons: As crazy as it may seem, some of the best coupons still come in the Sunday newspaper. Have you ever heard the phrase “you gotta spend money to make money”? Well, this is true when it comes to getting the coupons from the Sunday paper. Spending that $2.50 for the paper that one day will easily pay itself off. they usually have tons of restaurant deals and stores will advertise certain deals only to the newspaper. But get your scissors ready, because deals found in here usually required proof which means cutting the coupon out and not losing it. I have found a weekend stay in Cambria for 50% off in the Sunday paper and it was actually applicable. Best newspaper score yet!
- Weekly Ads: We all receive that load of ‘junk mail’ and usually throw it in the recycling bin right? We’ll take a look through it next time and see if there is anything that catches your eye. My junk mail is usually filled with fast food coupons and chain restaurants and grocery store ads. If you eat at those places, I am sure you will find deals in that stack. Our local hardware store always has an ad and a coupon for a free item with no purchase necessary. It’s a great way to get you to go to the store and the item is usually something cool and useable like an LED flashlight or big tarp.
How Do You Save?
We love saving money any way possible! We hope you use these tips and stack up on savings as well. If you liked this article, check out our article on how to save during traveling. Let us know some of your favorite ways you like to save.