Now is the Time!
Seasons have changed and the weather is great! Having such nice weather gives more opportunities to do outdoor activities and events. Most communities offer tons of things to do around this time of year when it begins to warm up. Even if you don’t live in a big city, you may have a nearby community that holds events and activities that you can attend. You’d be surprised to see what fun things that have been popping up. I encourage you to go out, try something new and fun, and meet some new people in your community.
How To Find Events
So, now that you know that there are many communities out there that host fun activity; I am going to tell you how to find them. The internet and social media are great uses of marketing for events. This is where you will find most advertisements for fun activities. Advertising and marketing your event online is both beneficial to the host and the consumer. The host gets to see the analytical side of things and keep track of RSVPs and payments they may receive in advance. The consumer gets the information at their fingertips and is sent reminders, information, and details about the event. The list I have put together is in no particular order. Please, take a look and start planning to attend one near you!
Ways to Find Events Near You
- Your Local News Paper– Yes, newspapers are still around. Some host still takes ads out in newspapers so, it could be a good place to look.
- Eventbrite.com– This site is used exclusively for events. You will be able to search for events based on location, name, or activity, and even reserve and or pay for your spot. It is a great site to browse, create, and promote local events.
- Groupon.com– Groupon is a great place to find events at a discount. Here you may be able to find outdoor concert tickets, whitewater rafting adventures, and so much more. Make sure you read the fine print about dates you can use your voucher.
- Facebook.com– This link takes you straight to the event page on Facebook. The event page will tell you the name of the event, the host, where it will be, how much it cost (if there is a cost), and what to expect at the event. Here, you can also pick if you are interested in the event, going or maybe. Once that is marked, you will be sent updates and reminders.
- Google.com– On Google, you can literally type in “events near me” in the search engine and events will pop up that are near your location.
- DoStuff– This is an app that is dedicated to helping you find things to do. They currently list events for North America’s 20 largest cities. Event recommendations and maps make it easy to find your event and you are able to create your own profile and add it to your personal calendar.
- HeyLets– HeyLets is a community driven app where people that have been to the place or event are able to add their own pictures of the time spent there as well as feedback and comments about the event. You can also make a wish list and get alerts about events that go with your interest.
- Yelp– Yelp is a one-stop shop. It gives all the details you are looking for and provides reviews from real people. Yelp is used worldwide and they too, conveniently have a great app.
- All Events in City– This is a great website and app that gives you a complete rundown of what is going on in your city. You can browse through concerts, exhibits, meetups, food events, festivals, sports and so much more! They have events from over 300,000 cities in the world so, you are bound to find something you like, in a city near you.
Now Go Do Something!
Now that you know exactly how to find something to do, put it on your calendar, invite some friends and do it! This is an awesome way to support and be active in your community, while also having an enjoyable time. I encourage you to try something new and meet a few new people. I promise you it won’t disappoint!
Let us know what you do to be apart of your community and how you find out about local events.