10 Beauty Secrets to Add to Your Regime
Over the years we have learned so much about what works and doesn’t work for our skin. Some products work better than others and what irritates one persons skin might not affect another. There are lots of variables when it comes to skin care. We complied a list of 10 beauty secrets that work no matter what type of complexion you have. These secrets are things you might already know or do but hopefully there is at least one gem in here that you can add to your regime. These 10 beauty secrets are simple and easy to add to your regime and provide major and lasting results.
- Always wash your face! Twice a day. No matter what is going on in your life always make time to wash your face.
- Clean your cell phone. I sanitize my cell phone almost daily. There is SO much bacteria on your phone and resting that across your cheeks is all bad! Clean it constantly!
- Tea Tree oil is great for spot treatment. I get dry areas around my scalp from time to time, and a little tea tree oil helps clear those right up! Great for pimple spot treatment too. Just dilute it with a bit of water, so you don’t irritate your skin!
- Vitamin C serum. We are obsessed with ours and use it every day! We have noticed a considerable change in our skin. Both of us have entirely different complexions, and it works wonderfully for both of us. Click here to check out the one we use.
- Don’t workout with makeup on. Never, ever, ever!! Sweat and makeup just makes us think of clogged pores, and that makes us sad. Remove your makeup before putting in that hard work. Trust us, you look hot working out without makeup on.
- Look for products with fewer chemicals in them. Refrain from using scented lotions on your face. Gentle and natural products are the way to go when it comes to moisturizing your face. Body lotions shouldn’t be applied to your face. Leave the smelly creams for your body. The thicker consistency in body lotions along with the added fragrance will clog your pores. Just don’t do it.
- Less is more! We know there are times and special occasions when you want/need a full face of makeup, have a pimple to cover up or just want to feel beautiful! Makeup is fun and we love it but we also love going bare faced. I haven’t worn foundation for a few months, and my skin is thankful. My acne prone skin has responded so well to me using less product. I do keep a little emergency bottle of concealer but don’t use it unless I truly need it. Try going with minimal to no makeup every now and then and let your skin just breathe and be.
- Wash your pillowcase at least once a week. Bacteria builds up quickly on your pillowcase. I wash my pillowcase and sheets at least once a week. You lay on your pillow every night, so it makes sense for it to be a clean area where you rest your face, right?! Right.
- Drink lots of water! This is something everyone knows, but not everyone does it. But, seriously up your water intake and we guarantee you will see new and improved skin over the next few weeks. Water will make your face naturally glow– without a filter. Bonus tip: throw in some lemon to get added benefits.
- Clean your makeup brushes and pads! This is another thing that all of us know, but not all of us do. There are makeup cleaners you can buy, or you can mix a little Dawn dish soap with olive oil for a DIY makeup brush cleaner. Your brushes are perfect hiding spots for bacteria to hide out and then get wiped on your face, EWWWWW! Clean your makeup brushes just like you would clean your pillowcases and cell phones!
Love Your Skin!
We hope you found at least one of these secrets helpful. Basic common cleaning techniques can have a huge impact on the quality of your skin. Will you be incorporating any of these into your beauty regime? Do you already do some of these? What is YOUR favorite beauty secret? Please share with us!