Easy but Effective Tips to Kick Your Stress
Stress is a part of life. Some of us are better equipped at handling stressful situations while others struggle with figuring out how to relieve stress. Some stress is worse than others, but knowing how to deal with it and figuring out what works for you, is super important to finding balance. Having a go-to activity that promotes happiness, positivity and a sense of calm can help you relax, focus, and deal with stress more effectively. We put together a list of 10 easy ways to relieve stress. Some of these you might already do but maybe you will find a new one that sounds appealing! Let’s get to it!
10 Easy Ways to Relieve Stress
- Cleaning: There is something soooo therapeutic about cleaning, especially when you are stressed. Cleaning up your space and home can help relieve stress by focusing on other things and getting out of your head. Having a nice clean and decluttered home can promote relaxation. Light some candles and incense and put on some music and scrub & sweep you stress away!
- Workout: Sweating is a great way to relieve stress. A workout can be as hardcore or as gentle as you need. Sometimes you might need an intense long-distance run, other days you just might need some yoga and deep breathing. Listen to what your body needs and work out that stress with some physical activity!
- Sex: This can also count as a workout! Sex is a great way to relieve stress. Grab your partner and roll around in the sack for a bit to fight off some of that stress you are dealing with. If you don’t have someone to jump into bed with, there are other options that can be done solo..but we will leave that for another article :)!
- Take a nice warm bath or shower: Jump in the tub for a relaxing soak! Light some candles, pour in some Epsom salt and essential oils to make it a truly therapeutic experience. Read a book, listen to some calming music, or even watch a movie on your phone. A nice hot bath like this before bed should definitely help you to fall asleep much easier!
- Tackle that To-Do list: Sometimes things that we have yet to get done can lead to stress because we know it’s still lingering. Try taking care of small of the things on your to-do list and see if you feel any better after. Even checking off the smallest of tasks can promote a sense of accomplishment and give you one less thing to worry about.
- Call someone you makes you happy: Sometimes all we need is to talk to someone who can brighten our day and make our mood better. Call someone who you can just be yourself with and maybe even vent about the things that are stressing you out. They might have suggestions on how to combat that stress or just hearing their voice and having a casual conversation can be a huge stress reliever.
- Cooking: Cooking is one of our favorite ways to relax. Being in the kitchen and whipping up some delicious food is a good distraction from things that are stressing you out. See what you have on hand in your pantry or maybe hit up the grocery store to get the ingredients for your favorite meal! Food has a way to make you smile, even on the shittiest of days!
- Write it out: Write down what is stressing you out. Maybe even write down solutions or a game plan to tackle that stress. Sometimes writing things down can be a great release and it also lets you see your stress/problems in plain view. Acknowledging what is stressing you out and figuring out how to resolve it can be a great tactic!
- Read a book: Reading is a great escape. Reading allows you to escape your current reality and dive into a completely new one. Sometimes the brain just needs something else to focus on and a book can give you just that! Getting out of your head and into a book for a little bit might be just what you need to kick your stress to the curb!
- Watch your favorite movie/show: Binge watching your favorite show might help you forget about some of that stress for a bit. Grab a cup of tea or a glass of wine and just chill the fuck out for a bit. Put away your phone and just focus on whatever it is you’re watching. After an hour you might find yourself thinking differently about what was stressing you out.
Did any of these tips speak to you?!
Can you vouch for any of these tips? Do any of them currently work for you? Please share your favorite way to relieve stress! The better we understand ourselves and find ways to stay calm, even during the rockiest of days, will make us better equipped at handling issues as they come at us. Life is a constant flow of high’s and low’s, but learning how to not let the low’s pull us under is all we can ask for.
Thank YOU for reading!!