Things-To-Do During COVID-19 Isolation
Globally we are going currently going through a virus crisis known as Coronavirus (COVID-19). This pandemic has us kept indoors while we all practice “social distancing”. A lot of people are working from home and others are working from home while simultaneously watching their kids (as possible as that is). All of our situations are different but one thing we all have in common is the fact that we have a lot of extra time on our hands. Times like this can cause a lot of stress, anxiety, and boredom, which is why finding things to occupy your time with is so important.
We are sharing different things you can do depending on what it is you are needing. Our tips range from fitness to relaxation and hope that you find one or two that speak to you and your family!
Health and Fitness
- Stream free workout videos or invest in a new subscription if you find one you really love!
- Try out a new fitness activity that you have been considering but never gave a shot – we recommend yoga!
- Jump rope to get your heart rate up and shake the stress away – check out this article to see the benefits of jump roping.
- Give meditation a try! Lots of guided versions on YouTube, Podcasts, and apps.
- Get up from your workstation once an hour and do between 25-50 squats, pushups, sit-ups and or jumping jacks. Small increments can make a big difference!
- Go for a walk or run – if you have a dog, then this should be your daily go-to!
- Incorporate more stretching into your day.
- Look up new recipes or finally try out the ones you have had bookmarked forever- Our Pinterest features a ton of healthy recipes!
- Scour Pinterest for new workouts and/or recipes.
- Organize your closet and get a donation bag going. This is a great time to give to those in need.
- Each day pick a new room or area to organize – by the time we beat this virus you’re home will be looking amazing and clutter-free!
- Pull out the couches and hard to reach entertainment areas and do a deep cleaning.
- Organize your pantry.
- Color code your library collection.
- Clean up your resume.
- Teach yourself new skills that you know you need to better your career (PowerPoint, Excel, etc). There are ENDLESS videos on YouTube for pretty much anything you want to learn.
- Go through your bills and make sure everything is up to date.
- Clean out old photos from your phone.
- Go through your junk drawer and make it an organized drawer.
- Clean up your email and make new folders for important docs.
- Organize your mail and make a new designated area/folder for the stuff you need to follow up on. Don’t ignore those bills.
- Set reminders in your email to reoccur for important dates each month (i.e. bills, birthdays, meetings and appointments).
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary emails that you get.
- Clean out and rearrange your garage.
- Put together a photo album of all the loose pictures you have.
Self Care and Relaxation
- Read a book.
- Soak in the bath.
- Binge watch a new show- click here for a great list on binge-worthy streaming!
- Start journaling. If you don’t have a notebook, you can use your computer or Notes app.
- Have a stay in date night with your significant other. You can even include the kids and have them be your waiters.
- Give yourself a deep conditioning hair mask – you don’t have anywhere to go so leave it on for as long as you want!
- Try out a DIY face mask.
- Light candles and incense and put on your favorite lunge clothes and watch a movie, new or old.
- Give yourself a pedicure.
- If you live with your significant other – give each other massages.
- Play a board game with your partner or kids. You can even ask a neighbor if you can borrow one of their game boards.
- Find a new game on your phone or computer.
- Call or FaceTime someone you miss and that will put a smile on your face.
- Write a letter.
- If you have a sectional couch you can push them all together to make what we call a “couch bed”. Now you can lay in your living room and your big comfy ass couch bed.
- Build a fort.
- Feng Shui your living room or any room in your home.
- Clean something! There has to be something in your space that can use some elbow grease!
- Color, paint or draw. This can be fun to do as a family too.
- Look up DIY science experiments. There are so many out there.
- Look at animal or comedy sketch videos on YouTube.
- Go to a rabbit hole on Youtube about your favorite conspiracy theory.
- Put on your favorite album and turn it up loud so you can dance and sing your ass off.
- Make a vision board.
- Catch up on a series or show.
- Play with your cat, dog or whatever animal you might have.
- Family karaoke.
- Have a themed dinner night and include the whole family. Let everyone get dressed up and talk with accents.
- Do some gardening.
- Have a picnic in your backyard.
- Make a music video or a tik tok with your family.
- Go camping in your backyard.
- Have a family fashion show.
- Play Hide and Seek.
- Bake cookies or another dessert based on ingredients you have on hand!
We’re All in This Together
We know all of this that we are going through can be overwhelming. Take the time to breathe, let your children express their true feelings and don’t focus too much on the media. Be thankful for this time with your family but also be smart with the time you have. One day we are all going to look back on this and describe to others how it impacted our lives. Let this impact be a more positive one rather than negative. Please, share what you and your families are doing during this quarantine time in a comment below. Wishing you the best, always!