Quick and Easy is My Favorite
There are days when I get home from work, and the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen. I always want to eat, but at times I get lazy, and I don’t want to cook something that requires a lot of effort. If I hit a yoga class after work then I am EXTRA lazy when I get home. I always keep my favorite essentials in the house so I can have something quick and easy to whip up. I also mix and match a lot of my favorite foods, so I don’t get bored eating the same things all the time. This dinner is super easy, and it is mostly hands off. I use my rice cooker every chance I get, but you can make this without a rice cooker as well. The rice cooker is convenient because you can throw all the ingredients in and go and relax for an hour.
Orange Chicken and Jasmine Rice
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Ready to Grub in 60 minutes
- Two cups of Jasmine rice
- Vegetable Broth
- Vegan or traditional butter
- Olive oil
- Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning ( Trader Joe’s)
- Garlic salt
- 1 bag of Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels ( Trader Joe’s) But you can buy any brand you like!
- Fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 425
- Put 2 cups of Jasmine rice and equal parts vegetable broth into the rice cooker
- Splash of olive oil into the rice and broth mix
- Throw in a generous amount of garlic salt
- Sprinkle in a tablespoon or so of the Sesame seasoning
- Secret ingredient – a teaspoon of butter gets put in- trust me!
- Mix all of those ingredients together then close that rice cooker and let it do its thing!
- Bake the chicken morsels for 9-10 minutes on each side
- When chicken is finished mix it up with your desired amount of the included orange sauce
- Place cooked & sauced chicken on top of a bed of spinach
- When rice is cooked throw some on your plate alongside your spinach and chicken
That’s it! Super easy right?
This meal is extremely easy and you won’t feel guilty about eating it! Enjoy!
Have you tried these chicken-less morsels before? If not, would you try them? What are your favorite easy recipes? Please share!