10 ways to keep fit at home! Since we are all at home these days, why not explore ways to stay active. When gyms and studios aren’t available working out can become harder but it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to give you some ideas on how to stay fit at home.
- Jump Rope: Jump roping is a very easy way to burn a ton of calories and get your blood pumping! Jump roping is also a cheap way to have a full-body workout and build your endurance. You can do a variety of different jump rope workouts to keep things fresh so you don’t get bored. From counting jumps to counting minutes, you will get a great workout in! If you are looking for some ideas, our Pinterest is full of jump rope workouts. Click here and just search “jump rope” for tons of options to get you started! For more reasons on why you should jump rope check out this article, 5 Reasons to Jump Rope.
- Run/Walk/Jog: Since people are home more than ever these days, the streets in your neighborhood may be filled with runners, walkers, and joggers. I look forward to my daily walks, admiring the homes and meeting neighbors. If you’re a runner, you can start exploring different routes in your neighborhood or go to a nearby park. You can do this solo or make this a family event. One of the best things about this is that you don’t need any equipment!
- Yoga: We constantly mention the benefits of yoga. It’s amazing for your mind, body, and soul. If you work from home it is a great lunchtime or after-work activity. Yoga can be done anywhere and at any time. If you have little ones at home you can even include them! There are TONS of videos online from beginner to advanced. As well, lots of studios are offering live streaming during COVID-19, or free online sessions which is a great time for you to try something new! Stretch your body and be kind to yourself <3.
- Living Room Fitness: Bust out some squats while watching your favorite show or do ab exercises during commercials. Make a point to do some sort of physical activity every hour. Getting up from the couch and just moving your body is so important and it helps with your mood! Jumping jacks, push-ups, planks or donkey kicks are great options. You can also stretch while binge-watching Netflix or your favorite marathon show. Based on your personal goals you can decide your reps for each set. Only can do 5 reps? GREAT. Worked your way up to 25 reps in a set? YOU GO, GIRL! Whatever level you are at is where you are supposed to be, just keep going!
- Fast Fitness: There are sneaky little ways to get in activity throughout the day! For example, every time you use the bathroom do 5-25 squats before going back to whatever it is you were doing. This is perfect for those busy moms who can’t ever seem to getaway. Bathroom trips throughout the day can add up to big numbers of squats! This can also work while brushing your teeth or curling your hair, waiting for your food to warm up and so many other times throughout the day. Get creative!
- Weights/Kettlebells: Word on the street is that weights and kettlebells have been sold out at most stores right now. If you’re lucky enough to already own this equipment, this is a perfect time to put it to use. For ideas on what to do, the internet is your best friend. You can focus on certain body parts and switch it up from day-to-day.
- Try a “Fitness Challenge”: Sometimes it can be hard to find motivation and keep accountability for your fitness goals. A fitness challenge just might be what you need! There are TONS of ideas on Pinterest, social media platforms, and YouTube. Think of a specific activity and search for related challenges (i.e. Leg/Butt challenge, Squat Challenge, Ab challenge, Running challenge, etc). The challenge can last anywhere from 10-30 days. Journaling your daily activity whether it be on paper or social media can help keep you engaged and accountable too. Invite others to join you in a fitness challenge and keep each other encouraged.
- Dance Videos: Dancing can be so much fun and an awesome workout. Once again, there are tons of free dance workout videos online that are accessible to you at any time. Whether cumbia, hip-hop, merengue, or Zumba is your style, there is plenty for you to pick from. So, go rock your hips while getting your fitness on!
- Instagram Influencers: Everyone is going through this pandemic together. Knowing that Instagram fitness Influencers are posting all kinds of workouts that you can do at home with minor equipment, items you might have around the house, or nothing at all. Check out your favorite influencer and see what they are posting these days. Most of them are posting daily workouts, inspirational quotes, and ways to stay active during this crazy time.
- Backyard Drills: With backyard drills, you can get completely creative. You’re in the comfort of your yard so you can do whatever you want. If there was ever a workout you wanted to try but lacked the confidence to try it in front of others, now is the time. Write down a workout plan, how many reps and sets, break out the bands or any other equipment you may use, put on your favorite jams and get your workout on! Drills you can try are: running drills, jump roping, back-peddles, design a course, swim, lunges and of course… yoga. Backyard drills are a great way to appreciate your personal space while giving your body the love it deserves.
Give it a try!
Now that we have given you 10 ways to keep fit at home, give any of them a try and let us know what you think. We are interested in what you do too. Please, share with us what you are doing during this crazy time to try to stay fit. Stay safe friends, and we are here for YOU!