Healthy Can Be Tasty
Green beans are my absolute fucking favorite. They are versatile, delicious and such a healthy snack! Click here to check out some facts on the benefits of green beans! I eat green beans so often that I have to get creative, so I don’t get bored with them. Playing around with seasonings can make all the difference in your green bean dish. I have one that is my go-to favorite and will be sharing it with you. I hope you try it and enjoy these beans just as much as I do!
- Green Beans (frozen or fresh)
- Butter ( I use Vegan Earth Balance butter)
- Light Soy Sauce – 1-2 tablespoons
- Sriracha- 1-2 tablespoons
- Minced Garlic – you decide the amount- I love garlic so I use quite a bit
- Black Pepper
- Salt, Onion, Parsley seasoning mix ( I get mine from Trader Joes )
- Everyday Seasoning ( From Trader Joes) But feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
- Harissa Olive Oil or another spicy infused olive oil like cayenne or chipotle. These are not mandatory but I love infused oils and vinegar and use them DAILY. If you have never tried or invested in them I highly recommend you check them out. They are local in every city. Here’s a site to check out what they have to offer. I can’t live without my oil/vinegar!
- Boil your fresh or frozen green beans for 3-7 minutes depending on which kind you are using.
- Drain green beans and leave in strainer for a few minutes
- Put some butter and the minced garlic into the pan and sauté the garlic until toasted
- Add in the green beans
- Add in the soy sauce, sriracha and seasonings of your choice
- If you are using an infused oil feel free to add it in now as well
- Turn down and let them cook down for about 10-15 minutes. Cooking them slow lets all the flavors use together and the green beans become such a nice consistency
- Add some more sriracha or seasonings if you feel it needs it otherwise you are done!
Easy and Delicious
As you can see, this recipe is straightforward and can be prepared quickly. These green beans can go with a lot of different meals, or they can be eaten alone just as they are! Check out some recipes here to pair these green beans with! You can get as creative as you want with this recipe which is why it is one of my favorites. Some days I might not want so much spice so I can tone it down and they are just as good. I hope you give this recipe a try and fall in love with these damn good green beans!