Skin Care is Worth Splurging on
I’ve struggled with having clear skin since I was a teenager. I now have a dermatologist but I still use certain products that you can buy over the counter as part of my everyday skincare routine. BTW, if you have contemplated going to a Dermatologist but haven’t pulled the trigger, I highly recommend that you do. I know it can get pricey with or without health insurance but if you have the cash available, I promise you won’t regret it. The great thing about going to the Dermatologist is they will typically load you up with everything you need so you don’t have to go back for quite awhile. I learned a lot of tips just from speaking with my Dermatologist so my visits are only about once a year now. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. My Derm is my favorite of all doctors. But, if you don’t have a dermatologist, I have a few secrets, that really work, that I’m here to share!
Period Pimples Piss me Off
Some months are better than others but it never fails that at least one or two of these little bastards pop up around my period. Stress is a factor as well. I even had a pimple rear its ugly head the morning of my wedding. Of course right? I try not to get too upset about it because then I just feel like I’m being a vain little bitch but I can’t help it. It’s MY FACE and I have high standards for it! I maintain a consistent skincare routine that helps keep my breakouts at bay for most of the month and helps battle period/stress pimples. I also drink a shit-ton of water which is also CRUCIAL for clear and healthy skin.
My Daily Routine
1. Makeup Remover cleansing towelettes. Simple but effective. For eye makeup especially. Get anywhere for $5.
2. CeraVe was recommended by my Dermatologist and its the only face wash I use. I switch back and forth between the CeraVa cleansing bar and the foaming facial cleanser. Both are equally great. I’m currently using the foaming cleanser. I use it twice a day. PLEASE never go to sleep with makeup on! NEVER! I don’t care how many shots of tequila you had. Drag your ass to the bathroom and wash ur face before crawling into bed. You can buy CeraVe almost everywhere. CVS, Walmart, Target etc. $10-11 or $6 for the cleansing bar.
3. Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal is my current toner obsession. I use this twice a day immediately after washing my face. It really helps even the skin out and reduces redness. I bought it on Amazon but I have seen it in some stores as well. It’s amazing stuff. You can get it here on Amazon for $6.64.
4. No7 Early Defense Glow Activating Serum. This is one of my newest additions and I absolutely love it. I use this after my toner and it makes my skin baby soft. It says right on the bottle that in one week you will have glowing, healthier, looking skin and I can vouch for this statement. I noticed changes within a few days. I even think it helps my makeup go on more smoothly. It’s not a cure-all miracle but it made it into my routine for a reason- It works. Its a little more expensive but totes worth it. You can find it at Target for $24.
You Get What You Pay For
5. CeraVe AM and CeraVE PM lotions are great for everyday moisture products. I use both but when my skin feels extra dry I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost multivitamin booster. Hydro Boost is an amazing product. It helps immensely with dry patches. It changed the game for me when it came to really bad dry skin. Especially during the Winter months. You can get CeraVe AM/PM at all drugstores for about $12 and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost for $20.
6. Teddie Organics Rose Water. Love, Love, LOVE this stuff! The only problem I have with this Rose Water spray is going through the bottle too quickly! I spray this on a clean face and throughout the day when I need a refresher. It smells amazing and really does wonders when it comes to calming the skin. You can purchase it on Amazon for $10.88.
7.Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I purchased my first bottle about a month ago and it changed my life. I don’t know how I have lived so long without it. It works better than the drying lotion my Dermatologist prescribed me. No lie. The second I feel a pimple coming on I apply some of this with a Q-tip and it helps the bump go down overnight. I wish I would have had some of this on my wedding day. Seriously, I could rave about this stuff all day but I won’t. Just buy some and keep it handy. You will thank yourself for it. It is a drying lotion so it can make ur skin extra dry. I apply some of the Hydro-Boost to the areas I use this on and it helps instantly. I am guilty of leaving this drying lotion on all day if I’m at home. Sometimes even all day and all night. Zero fucks given. You can snag some on Amazon or at Ulta for $17.
Maintain a Routine and Results WILL Follow
So yeah, I might wander around my house all day with pink spots all over my face but its worth it. My husband is so used to me having all kinds of different crap on my face that me looking like this is the norm. He might not admit this but I will. He comes running to me for help when his skin is having a bad day and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Men enjoy having clear skin too!
I wouldn’t recommend anything if I didn’t believe it could work for others. I’m very particular about what I put on my skin and you should be too.
Please share your favorite skin can products! I love finding out what is working for other people!