Traveling On A Budget!
I am so passionate about traveling! But what is better than seeing the world while doing it on an affordable budget? Throughout my years of soaring the world, I have had many experiences where I wasn’t smart about managing my money. That was dumb! Since then, I have found so many ways to save money while traveling and I want to share them with you. Most of my tips can be used for any traveling: local, national, and international. So, get your notepads and maps ready and let’s travel on a budget!
• Use googleflights.com to track and find the lowest price tickets to your next destination. This site compares most of the prices for you because most flights use googles search engine. I enjoy that googleflights.com emails you when the price fluctuates and gives you dates and times when it is cheapest to fly to your destination. I always use googlflights.com for my travel needs.
• If you’re using a website to book your vacation, make sure you check out the ratings of the company on Better Business Bureau. If the company isn’t on there, that’s a BAD SIGN! Even some cheap vacations that I booked online (that seemed too good to be true) were still taken because my research panned out. And guess what? The trip was amazing!!! I would tell you the site, but they don’t pay me for that LOL.
• Don’t check a bag! I refuse to check a bag if my trip is two weeks or shorter. I have a great suitcase that has compartments inside on both sides. Depending on the time of year and where you are traveling, you should be able to fit what you need in a carry on and personal bag. Make sure to always use a backpack as your personal bag and stuff your purse in that too. Soon I will post a packing tutorial.
- Use Groupon! They have great deals in every city, at discounted prices. Make sure you read the small print before purchase because sometimes they have restricted dates. Groupon has deals for dining, adventure, stays, and experiences.
- Do the bus tours (Hop On Hop Off)! The bus tours are great for seeing everything worth your time, super budget friendly, and you can find them in every big city around the world. When my husband and I did them, we took the tour one full time around and made a mental note of the places we wanted to go. As the route continues, you hop off on your next exciting destination, explore, and then wait less than 20 minutes for the next bus to continue your tour. It’s one of our favorite things to do when traveling.
• If your planning on staying somewhere for three nights or longer, look to book a vacation home. They have many different sites (Airbnb, VRBO, etc..) and places to stay all over the world. Being in a house helps save money in the long run. You have a kitchen, many amenities, and space! Usually, these homes come out cheaper than a hotel. This is a must whenever traveling with a group or more than three people. This is my besties and my favorite way to travel together.
Vacationing should be fun and not expensive. There are so many places I can’t wait to travel to and use some budgeting tips. I hope these tips help you on your next adventure, and please share some of your own tips with us as well! Safe travels!