Spice Up Your Life
I love rice and make it constantly. Therefore, I need to get creative so my taste buds dont get bored. There is nothing worse than bland rice so seasonings are my best friend. I legit have two rows in my pantry that are filled with seasonings, oils, balsamic vinegar, and sauces. I don’t play when it comes to making my food taste fucking amazing.
The Good Stuff
This is one of my favorite batches of rice to make. I will eat it with vegetables, by itself, or with one of my vegan meats. My husband loves this rice and he will ask for it if I go too long without making some. We received a rice cooker as a wedding gift and its changed the rice game in our house. You can make this without a rice cooker so don’t stop reading now if you don’t have one! I hope you enjoy this rice as much as we do!
- 3 cups of Jasmine rice
- vegetable stock or both ( so much more flavor over water)
- Vegan butter or traditional
- Soy sauce
- Basil seasoning
- Garlic salt or just traditional salt. I prefer the garlic!
- Pour in 3 cups of Jasmine rice
- Pour in equal parts vegetable broth
- I never really measure my turmeric. Some days its a tablespoon sometimes is less. Just toss some in!
- Sprinkle some basil in there. Again, I just eyeball this step.
- Tablespoon of the butter of your choice
- A squirt or two of soy sauce. I’m a rebel, I dont measure shit I make all the time lol. sorry.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 60 minutes. If you’re making this on the stove just cover and cook as long as required per the directions of the rice you are using
When your rice is done you are ready to eat! Depending on what I am pairing it with I might top it with some sriracha, lemon or lime juice or just leave it as is. Trust me, it is going to be packed with flavor. If you do decide to top it with something else it will just make it taste even yummier then it does all by itself.
What would you add to or subtract from this rice? What is your favorite rice and why? Share with us!